About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States
Christ-follwer. Wife. Teacher. Lover of books, photography, crafts.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Savannah

Today was our first official day in Savannah. Let me tell you, we are falling in L.O.V.E with this beautiful city! We went to Tybee Island Lighthouse today instead of tomorrow because it closes on Tuesdays. There were 178 steps to the top of the lighthouse. For those of you who know me, you probably know that I am terrified of heights. I have come to learn that it's important to face my fears, so the Tybee Lighthouse is the 2nd lighthouse where I have climbed all the way to the top. The first was the St. Augustine Lighthouse in St. Augustine, FL. 178 steps may not seem like a lot of steps, but to me it was. As petrifying as the climb up was, it was quite worth it because at the top of this:

 was this gorgeous view: 
Totally worth it, right? 

We had lunch at The North Beach Grill where I had the most delicious crab cake sandwich. We headed into Historic Savannah after lunch. This part of Savannah, like most parts, is just beautiful! We walked down River Street and shopped. We came across the Savannah Candy Kitchen where they make pretty delicious pralines. I think I'll buy some tomorrow to bring back...

No comments: