About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States
Christ-follwer. Wife. Teacher. Lover of books, photography, crafts.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pray for Lucy

Children are my passion, and it breaks my heart when I see one of God's children hurting. Following the example my wonderful mentor teacher and friend, Laura Tomlinson, I have felt the need to tell you about a little girl. Lucy is 5 years old. She has a sister, a brother, a mom, and a dad. She loves Buzz Lightyear, but on February 23, 2011 she was diagnosed with brain cancer. Here is her story taken from the blog that her mother writes:

On Wednesday, February 23, 2011, our sweet Lucy Hannah was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of brain cancer. Medulloblastoma. It all came on so quickly that she only presented symptoms for a few days before things started spiraling out of control. Upon an MRI, we learned that Lucy had a total of 3 tumors in her brain, one in her spinal column and a sugar-dusting of tiny tumors up and down her spine. In a whirlwind of events, she was in a 9 hour surgery 2 days later. While the surgery was largely a success, the doctor was unfortunately not able to remove all the tumors and found another one in the front of her brain. Lucy will begin a 6 month treatment plan of high risk chemotherapy and radiation mid-March. She suffered a setback several days after surgery when she contracted bacterial Meningitis. Lucy is a fighter and we have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ that she will beat this evil disease cancer and that He will heal her body. Thank you for following our story and we covet your daily prayers for our sweet Lucy.

The second grade class I am doing my Teacher Internship in, made cards for this sweet little girl. The cards are so beautiful! I pray that they will bring Lucy happiness and encouragement to continue fighting her fight. I pray that the cards will remind her that she is not alone in her fight, but that there are hundreds of people praying for her at this very moment.

I have added the Pray for Lucy button to my blog. I ask that you put this button on your blog. Simply click the button to get the code. Continue to pray for Lucy and her family.

No comments: