About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States
Christ-follwer. Wife. Teacher. Lover of books, photography, crafts.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Much Needed Vacation

At this time tomorrow, I will be on my way, along with Stefan, to the beautiful city of Savannah, Georgia. I am so very excited about this trip! We were originally going to stop at this place on the way there: 
Yes, my dear readers, and Fried Green Tomato movie lovers, this is the Whistle Stop Cafe located in Juliette, Georgia. Unfortunately, we might have to stop there on the way back because it closes at 4pm. Sad day, but maybe on the way back home.

I have been looking forward to this vacation for a while. I have always heard how beautiful Savannah is, and decided it was time to experience it for myself. A few months ago a friend of mine told me about this book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. It is the story of true events that happened in Savannah. I have been reading this book during the free time that I have between student teaching and other schoolwork. I had planned on finishing it before the long-awaited vacation, but that didn't happen, so it looks like I'll be doing a little reading on the way there.
Now, anyone who knows me know that I absolutely LOVE to cook. If I could get paid for it, I would watch the The Food Network all day, every day. So of course it is expected that I go to the famous Lady and Sons restaurant. I have heard wonderful things about it, and why wouldn't I, Paula Deen is a fabulous cook. 
Stefan and I also plan to work a little while we are there. He will be filming a few scenes for various projects and I will have my camera in hand to document anything and everything.

Oh, before I forget, we will also be going here: Tybee Island, Georgia. Tybee Island is a beautiful island where many movies with beach scenes are filmed. The most recent movie filmed there, that I know of, was The Last Song, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel.
We're also going to see the lighthouse there. Stefan and I both love lighthouses. I'm not sure why I like them so much, but they fascinate me to no end.

I am so excited about this mini vacation. I'll keep you updated as the trip progresses.

Peace and Love,
Laura Kate

No comments: