About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States
Christ-follwer. Wife. Teacher. Lover of books, photography, crafts.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Wedding & A Storage Locker Surprise



I know this is quite an unusual title for a blog post. They have nothing in common, except for me.
My weekend started on Thursday last week when the boyfriend & I went to the wedding festivities of our two close friends who got married on Saturday!! (Congratulations again, Lindsay & Will!) They are now on their honeymoon in St. Lucia. The wedding festivities began Friday night with the rehearsal dinner and didn't end until late Saturday evening. There was dancing, cake, wine, and more dancing. It was truly a fairytale wedding for my very best friend who deserved nothing less. Stefan and I had a wonderful time. (I'm also just glad I didn't trip on my bridesmaid's dress walking down the aisle, and that I didn't cry during the song Ray and I sang.)

The beautiful bride & me.



Now on to the Storage Locker Surprise. My wonderful father (who is retiring this year after 30 years of teaching! WHAT?!) watches is addicted to the T.V. Storage Wars, and I'm not going to lie, I enjoy watching the show as well. Do I have any other Storage Wars watchers? Anyone? Anyone? Anyways, he bought this storage locker earlier in the week and found that it was FILLED with teacher stuff! Mostly K-1st grade things (which I will be able to use next year because I will be teaching 1st grade!!!) He immediately called me and asked if I wanted the things in the lockers, and of course I said yes! (Who would say no to free teacher things???) I offered to pay him for it, but because he loves me so & I'm his favorite daughter (shhhhh...don't tell Camille) he said I did not have to pay for it. I'm still giving him money though. 
Here is a picture of the front of the storage locker. 

I went through some of it today, but it is freaking HOT in Mississippi right now. In fact, I think we skipped over spring entirely this year. Needless to stay, I didn't stay very long.
Going to leave you on that note to watch GCB with the boyfriend! Season finale tonight!

No comments: