About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States
Christ-follwer. Wife. Teacher. Lover of books, photography, crafts.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring Is FINALLY Here!

Green grass, blooming flowers, warmer temperatures. Spring is finally arriving here in Connecticut, and this Mississippi girl is shouting for joy! Shorts, sandals, and sundresses have made their way into my closet. The hubby's polo shirts always stay in the closet, so he's always set for warmer temperatures. If you looked into our closet, he has more clothes on his side, but I have more shoes so I guess that evens it out.

My parents and grandmother came to visit us last month. (My dad and other grandparents will visit next month!) We were so very excited to get to spend time with them. While Stefan was working, we went to a few antique stores. Check out my cranberry rake I scored for $5.

I placed it on the top of our cabinets in the kitchen. The goal is to have a few antiques there to fill in the huge empty space between our cabinets and ceiling.
We took a Saturday drive down scenic route 146. It takes you from Branford, CT to Guilford, CT. It was a beautiful drive. We ended up in Guilford, which is everything you think of when you think of a New England town. We weren't very far from the Long Island Sound, so we ventured there. It was windy and a bit chilly, but the sun was out and that made it worth it.

Since we were close to the coast, we had to stop for seafood. My dad is a huge lover of seafood, and can't pass up an opportunity to eat it. Really our whole family is that way.

Stefan and I drove to New Haven to visit Yale's campus. New Haven is a fun place and the campus of Yale is beautiful. Since it's not very far from us, only 30 minutes or so, we plan to go back and get some good pictures. This one was taken from my phone. It's not the best, but it will do.


Stefan continues to enjoy his job at ESPN. I could not be more proud of him for living out his dream. While being a substitute at a school here was a nice job to have, there were some unforeseen events that really shed some light on if this was where God wanted me to have a career. I had some time to pray about it and through the guidance of the Lord, Stefan, and my family, I decided that being at this particular school wasn't the best fit for me or my teaching career. The Lord continued to work in my favor, and while we were concerned that it was only Stefan bringing in the income, we knew that the Lord would provide for us, as He always does. And provide for us, He did. I was offered a job at a childcare center teaching pre-school. This next week will be my fourth week there, and it reminds me of teaching at Church Hill in MS. The staff have been so welcoming and we're like a little family. I enter the school each day, eager to see my sweet preschool friends and my coworkers, something that I did not feel when I was working as a substitute. All in all, I know the Lord had his hand in the situation, and made it work for the better.

We have met some wonderful people here through our jobs and our church. A friend Stefan met at MSU through his communications program who is also working at ESPN invited us to Calvary Fellowship in West Hartford. Though it is a much bigger church, it reminds us of the Connection services we left behind in Starkville. We are hoping to join a home fellowship (like a small group) in May. We felt as if something was missing once we started attending the services. The Sunday before last we realized what it was. We missed serving. We made the decision to serve on Easter Sunday. Stefan served as a greeter, and I served in the Children's Ministry teaching one of the Pre-School classes. (Where else would I be?!)

That's an update on our lives here the past month. We miss Mississippi and Starkville so much! (Really we just miss the South in all its warmness!) Right now it's been raining a good bit, and it will continue next week. We'll take rain over snow any day!

My hair is short now, but my hubby is still as handsome as ever!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was one of the most interesting blogs you have done. I love it! We are anxiously waiting the time to head your way. Even Papaw is getting more excited. I hope it won't be too much on you and Stefan,We love you both so much! And I am so proud of your Christian leadership and beliefs. Love you bunches,
Me-maw