About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States
Christ-follwer. Wife. Teacher. Lover of books, photography, crafts.

Monday, September 28, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day

The sun is shining today, making it an absolutely beautiful day compared to the weather here the past 2 and a half weeks. It makes me happy, as does my one class I have today being cancelled. Another thing that makes me happy are birthdays. Mine is tomorrow. I'll be 22. Just typing that number gives me a weird feeling, but in a good way. These past few days, I've been taking a look back on my life. I've been looking at the way past events and experiences have shaped me into the person I am today. It's weird, really. There are many people who, when asked the question "If you could go back and change anything about your life, what would you change?", they would start naming off things. But there are those who, when asked that same question, will look the person in the eye and say "Not one thing." I'd like to believe that I am one of those people. If someone had asked me that question 3 years ago, I would have named off everything I could think of that I would change, but now I realize that past events have made me the woman I am today. I know 22 is not old, though according to the 9th grade girls I teach, I should be getting married by now. :-) I can't help but smile and laugh at that. For so long I've wanted just that, but lately I've been enjoying my life as a single woman. I know the right person will come along eventually, so I'm not really that worried about it as I have been in the past.

But back to why birthdays are something that make me happy. I truly believe that birthdays are wonderful things. My family has always made a big deal about birthdays, which is why I like to make big deals out of them, as well. It is a day to celebrate the life of the birthday person, whom ever it may be. Many people view it as "just another day", but it really is another day that you are alive and can live your life abundantly with the people you love.

I have discovered online sample sales. I'm doomed. Well, not quite. I just bought my first sample sale item. A pair of $45 designer aviators for $10. I'm pretty sure that was totally worth it. Online sample sales serve the same purpose as sample sales in places such as New York City, but can reach a wide variety of people. Many websites are "Members Only", but you can still sign up and have your name put on a waiting list. When a spot opens up, your name is put on the Invite List. It usually doesn't take very long. For most of the websites I signed up with, it only took up to two days to get my name on the list. Many of the websites also offer incentives for members, things like $10 credits for every person you invite who signs up. I'm posting a link to one of the websites I really like. It's called Gomatta Girls. This link is my invitation to those of you who read my blog and those of you who just happen to come upon my blog. Take a look through it, if you like what you see, then buy something if you want to, or just sign up to recieve their daily deals. Invite other people, so that you, too, can get a $10 credit for each person you invite. :-) http://www.gomattagirls.com/invite/77779198

No comments: